- The palace was built on a rotating base so that the Baron could see the entire city without moving from his seat.
- Some people claim that the palace had a secret tunnel which connected to the Basilica Church. Another part of this rumor is that the Baron had a customized vehicle to take him from one part of the tunnel to another.
- There are rumors that the Baron Palace had an enchanted chamber. The Baron’s daughter and sister were not allowed to enter the pink bedroom at the basement of the palace, which is where the door that took him to the tunnel in Basilica was located.
- The Baron’s daughter, Mariam, suffered paralysis since birth and grew up to have psychological issues. They were mostly related to her father’s firmness and his cold behavior. Some people say he imprisoned her at times. She was found dead at the service elevator which connected the kitchen to the roof, but some speculate that it was a suicide attempt after a love affair with one of the servants.
- It is believed that the spiral staircase caused the death due to the palace’s revolving base where his wide fell to her death.
- When Baron died, it is said that the mirrors covering the walls of the pink room in the basement turned red.
- Currently, it is believed that the Baron’s Palace is extremely haunted. Bats, stray dogs, and ghosts are said to wander about the palace. Others believe that the Baron’s daughter lingers in the palace. There have been multiple stories of ghosts in the palace, mysterious music playing as though the days of palace partying had never ended, and the sounds of furniture being swept from one room to another during midnight have been heard.
Although the Baron’s Palace is full of horror, it is an incredible piece of historical architecture containing a beautiful spiral staircase inside.
Grandview was first created in 1946 by a master carpenter named John Mason. He built it for his wife and his son as their family home. There are two cottages available at Grandview for people who want to experience Mathews County’s Chesapeake Bay in Virginia. It is a great source for relaxation and privacy.
If you have ever had an interest in touring Virginia, staying at the Grandview is an excellent idea, especially if you are looking for an incredible bed and breakfast setting.
The Crab Shack Cottage is a one bedroom and one bath cottage, where you can find an absolutely astonishing spiral staircase that has been installed by the experts at Salter themselves. This spiral staircase swirls upward to the master bedroom and was completely customized for Grandview on the Bay.
The beautifully crafted spiral staircase located in Grandview on the Bay is made out of wood. In addition to wood, there are other materials that can be used to build a staircase, such as steel, iron, and aluminum.
If the spiral staircase at Grandview on the Bay has inspired you to purchase a staircase, you will want to make sure that you choose the proper tread style, tread coverings, tread sleeves, balusters, and more for the look you wish to create.
Your spiral staircase can be for industrial, commercial, or residential purposes. No matter what, a spiral staircase will instantly add appeal to your property, business, or building. Take the Grandview on the Bay, for example; their installation has made the time spent at the Crab Shack Cottage an aesthetically pleasing one.